Best Rated threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Is under car shield on new beetle necessary?
I just noticed that I lost that under car shield on my 2000 new beetle that attaches to the front undercarriage and covers the oil pan. Is this necessary? Will it hurt anything if I don't replace it?
9
9

90 Jetta Idle problem on startup / 98 Jetta ignition key question
I recently got a 1990 Jetta Carat, very nice car. I't does the same thing my 87 GL used to. Shortly after starting the car, (1.8 8v) within a minute, the idle begins a cycle of almost quitting, and...
2
2

Broken Seat release lever 3 Dr VW Golf
I have a M registration (1995) 3 door VW Golf 1.8LD which currently has a problem with the drivers seat. The problem is when pulling the lever up on the side of the seat the latches that let the seat...

98 VW Jetta GL 2.0L gas - Electrical Problem - Help!
VW Enthusiasts... Have this weird electrical problem... Any help suggestions Welcome! I am sure this is not an isolated issue... I am the originl owner of the car - Overall the car has been decent -...
1
1

Help!! Stolen Anti-Theft Key, 95' Golf.
Hi, My car, 95' VW Cabrio was broken into this past week and the anti-theft key was stolen. I'm unable to start the car. Does anyone know how to bypass this feature. The dealers in my area are...

93 Fox overheating
I diagnosed my overheat problem, hot upper hose cold lower hose, as a stuck thermostat. I pulled the coolant pump and replaced the thermostat. After roadtest: radiator heated up, lower hose heated up,...
11
11

'96 2.0 golf oil light/buzzer
I have a 96 golf 2.0 78K. The oil light/buzzer has come on twice in the last two days for an instant, less than a second each time. I was cornering both times but when pushed harder into a tighter...
3
3

Idle problems on my 85 GTI
I just bought an 85 GTI on saturday. While driving home 80 miles whenever I stopped or idled the car the idle speed was at 2000 rpm. Yesterday the same thing even at a cold start. This morning when I...
3
3

Idle Problem on '89 Golf
Hi There, My fiancé has got a probem with her 89 Golf Cabriolet. Most of my experience is with Nissans, so I'm wondering if anyone can suggest anything before I try to fix it. The problem's with the...
7
7

blinking water gauge light 90 cabriolet
hello I have a problem with a blinking water gauge light that won't go out,car is not over heating.What could make this light blink is a 1990 ideas would be greatly
4
4

Chirping noise from front wheel - 2000 Golf
Last week my passenger side front wheel started making a chirping noise. It went away when I pushed on the brake, but came right back. After a while I went a few feet in reverse, and the noise left;...
3
3

Remove the fuel pump on a 1995 VR6
Good job, now you know what we go through at times!
7
7

Current leakage problem
Car got involved in accident and now out of body shop. Hood, Radiator and light lamp were replaced. Keyless entry stopped working after the accident. Also when I open the door using key it is kind of...
8
8

MK4 DBW throttle body - which wire does what?
Has anyone done any tests on the DBW throttle body to find out what each of the 6 wires do and how they do it (voltage signals)? Thanks, Rey
5
5

Clutch died on '96 Golf 1.8
Well, it looks like the clutch release lever was definitely the cause of your failure; looks just like the one I pulled out of my transaxle about 100K miles ago! Your pressure plate looks pretty bad...
20
20

2001 Jetta 1.8t
What should a buyer beware of when looking to buy a 2001 Jetta with a 1.8t, 5 speed and 50K miles.
4
4

Fault Codes P1557 and P1136
My check engine light came on and I determined that the fault codes were P1557 and P1136. What should I look for in regards to these problems. Anything I might be able to fix myself?
2
2

EuroVan: oil change how-to?
I did a search on this topic but got no relevant hits. I have done routine maintenance (oil changes, brake pad R&R) on Hondas and would like to do the same for a Eurovan. Are there any particular tips...
6
6

'95 cabrio cam position sensor problem
I've got a '95 VW Cabrio, with the 2.0L 4-cylinder engine, with 86k miles on it. I've only owned it for about a year, but I've confirmed that the timing belt was replaced by the previous owner at 79k....
5
5

2002 Jetta Brake Pedal Problem
Hi! I am experiencing a small problem with the brake pedal in my 2002 Jetta 1.8T. When I press the brake pedal lightly, frequently upon releasing the pedal it does not return to the full up position...
8
8