OT: Message from Dan

As I said, this particular Capri is both worth more and in better condition than a shagged out 6 year old repmobile oil burner.

I find it funny as f*ck that anything TDI can have "Sport" as a model.

Actually, looking at your sig, the Capri is both worth more and in better condition than both your vehicles.

Reply to
Conor

Likewise.

Cue JackH bitching that its even further away. Considering southerners claim they're better off than us oop norf, they seem to be frequently unable to afford a trip out.

Reply to
Conor

Why? Can't afford it?

Reply to
Conor

Likewise. I've gone up to Edinburgh and down to Colchester just for a night out before.

Reply to
Conor

Boring oval racing.

Reply to
Conor

At least it's not Wales.

Reply to
Conor

Bwahahahahaha.

Seriously. Are you living in some kind of parallel universe where a Crapi with a 'tasteful' bonnet mural is worth over £3k?

Reply to
SteveH

Did he say anything about affordability?

ISTR he just didn't see the point in driving 200+ miles for a bag of chips in the pikey wastelands of Yorkshire.

Reply to
SteveH

And for that I'm eternally greatful.

The evolutionary process hit a brick wall about 200 years ago 'ooop north'.

Reply to
SteveH

Wasn't on about my OLD one. Perhaps you should try reading through the thread.

Reply to
Conor

Of course it did.

BTW, are you still looking to become a lorry driver?

Reply to
Conor

I don't see any mention of your 'old' one, either.

Tell us, how much did you get for your old one? - I don't recall.

Reply to
SteveH

No.

Only ever thought about it as it would have paid the bills until a proper job came along - oh, and the WDA would have paid for the lessons.

Reply to
SteveH

There is a difference between being able to afford to do something, and wanting to do something.

I personally don't fancy doing what will be something like an 8 hour round trip in terms of just the driving, just to have a bag of chips in the company of an ignorant shouty northern knuckle dragging thickie like you, is the point.

If there's something like a BTCC meet or car show on that happens to be a fair old trek away from here that we all happen to agree to have a bag of chips at and then squabble about who has the shittest car, then I can see the point.

MikeP suggested maybe some of us can find a B&B so we can have beers as well - great idea, that is, if there's going to be more to the weekend than just driving hundreds of miles to have a bag of chips, ergo again I point Sir in the direction of the suggestion that a show or race meet would make it worth doing.

Fuck all to do with the physical cost or ability to meet said cost.

Reply to
JackH

Is there no end to your talents, what with you being able to ascertain that a specific car that you've never been anywhere near is 'shagged out'.

'Simple things amuse simple minds'

I don't consider mine to be anything overly special, in Passat terms at least.

However, I do understand what bits of its spec make it a Sport compared to other models, and that's why I got one rather than an SE or Highline.

'Yes... but am I bothered'

Reply to
JackH

Yes Conor... that's the only reason why I'd not want to drive that far for a bag of chips in the company of an ignorant shouty knuckle dragging northern thickie like you... isn't it.

Reply to
JackH

'The lengths to which the desperate will travel if there's the slightest possibility of a shag...'

Reply to
JackH

Yes I did... the voices in Conors addled mind said I did, anyway. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Colchester.

That's almost as classy as a Crapi with bonnet mural.

Reply to
SteveH

Classic Touring Cars, Thruxton, tomorrow. I'll be there ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs