Unleaded petrol mixed with Diesel in a Chrysler 2.5CRD

The point is that I have seen little support for the PT Cruiser from anybody. Personally I don't that much care for its appearance, though I am
told it is actually quite practical. Quite a few to be seen in London. One of my acquaintances here in London claims to really like its retro looks... but he is still driving his Saab...
I agree that there are other cars that vie for the ugliness prize.
DAS
"Steve" < snipped-for-privacy@spam.thanks> wrote in message
news:Sfydncsd7Z1WeQjenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@texas.net...
I don't know how long the PT has been available in Europe, but its kinda run its course over here. There was another minor flurry of interest when they brought out the turbo PT and the convertible, but nothing like the H-bomb that the first year of production set off. They sold SCADS of them. To say that it was a big success for Chrysler is an understatement. People either loved or hated them, and PLENTY loved them enough to buy one. Some Chrysler fans thought they drew too much influence from 30s Fords, but most people saw the 40's Chrysler T&C as the main source of inspiration. But there are so many now that it doesn't really engender any strong feelings when someone says they don't like them. Besides, the real PT fanatics don't hang out on r.a.m.c. anyway. They've got their own playpen somewhere on usenet.... ;-)
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Steve wrote:

And the new-for-2006 facelift is just...sad.
"inflated" headlamps Clear-lens rear directional indicators, instead of amber Reshaped reversing lamps
It looks like a Chinese knockoff of itself.
On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Well, anybody except the market.
On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:21:45 -0600, Steve wrote:

Who gives a s**t what it looks like as long as if handles well, doesn't rust and has a reasonably reliable and poky engine.
Appearance comes right at the bottom IMO when buying a mode of transport...
Steve Firth wrote:

Firstly it should be pointed out that the vehicle is a Grand Voyager, not a PT Cruiser
It cost about 30,000 22 months ago so I'm guessing it has a value around the 20k mark today

*snort*
Halve that and you'll be a bit closer.
SteveH wrote:

What ?
You made me look at autotrader !
The closest to our 2003 Limited xs costs 17k and has more than twice the mileage of ours !
These things do hold their value quite well
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yeah, shame the only decent ones have single figure consumption. I really love the V6...
--
The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel
with the pestle has the brew that is true.

Just doing a quick, national search on a CRD produces a couple of pages of them going for between 10.5k and 13k.
"SteveH" snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk wrote in message wrote:

Given a CRD can cost up to thirteen grand less then the OP's car when new, that's hardly surprising.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A three year old Subaru Outback H6, new cost about 27,000, has a trade value around 5K. And I know which car has the better reputation.
Richard
--
RichardK - 1980s in a can. http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/music /
Retro computing - http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/retrotech /

My car cost 300 five years ago and it's still worth 300.
--
Regards, Vince

www.TruckDrivingInRussia.co.uk

To whom?
--
Skipweasel
Never knowingly understood. (Ivor Cutler)

Heh. I know people say a car with 12 month's ticket is worth about 300 all day long no matter what it is.... but you have to draw the line at a shite old Sierra.
SteveH wrote:

Since I paid 40 for a car with 6 months ticket and tax, and it would comfortably pass another MOT at a cost of 25 locally... I make that 65.
Proton ;)
Richard
--
RichardK - 1980s in a can. http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/music /
Retro computing - http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/retrotech /
Guy King wrote:

There is a minimum value to just about any vehicle that runs , doesn't have huge holes in the bodywork , and can pass an MOT
--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

And where do you buy for 300 a fully running car, MOT and no particular mechanical issues in the near future. With some luck, I suppose.

All over the place. The country's lousy with cheap cars.
--
Skipweasel
Never knowingly understood. (Ivor Cutler)
contains these

I've done it. Nissan Micra, G reg 1 litre automatic. 11 months MOT and tax. We ran it for a year then scrapped it as the exhaust was falling apart.
--
Malc

"The remarkable thing about the human mind is its range of limitations."