Unleaded petrol mixed with Diesel in a Chrysler 2.5CRD

In that case it may have the VM diesel CR unit. Does it? Anyhow, I had a look at one of these the other day while visiting the dealer to study the 300C [i think it was called]. It had many good features. I liked the versatile seating, not that I have studied the rivals to any extent.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Grow up mate. The mishap always happens immediately before the failure. Everyone knows that.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

It's damage caused by driver error so I don't see why not.

If you drove into a river, the insurance would cover you for putting your car right, no?

Reply to
Questions
[Snipped Text]

Indeed, but the bias of expenditure on the design and build of the car is controlled by the consumer demand for the extra gadgets.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

That depends on the manufacturer. I do know some that actively design their cars based on customer feedback and research.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

:-) I suppose that depends on the size of the claim. All petrol stations do have videos that they use for run-offs. Who towed your car away, and to where?

Reply to
Johannes

I would agree with that.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

The claim would be against ones own insurance and by the time a claim is processed it will be an old story and anyway you did not realise that petrol was involved until a few days after the last fill-up by which time there will be some petrol in the tank, won't there. Anyhow, go ahead and pay from your own pocket on top of your insurance premiums if you feel strongly about it and can afford it. I am certainly not telling you to cheat the insurance company, after all you will firmly believe that the petrol you put in months before was the culprit.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

"Huw" wrote>

Replace 'warranty' with 'insurance'

Reply to
Huw

Sell it and screw over some poor sap who doesn't know better?

Reply to
Masospaghetti

Ford have already produced a system to prevent mis-fuelling. From memory it uses a mechnical device to detect that the nozzle is too small (ie petrol not diesel) and stop the nozzle being inserted. See

Tony

Reply to
www.fuelsaving.info

The message from snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com contains these words:

Cor - I could run cars for forty years on that gap.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Huw" contains these words:

Electric cup holders improve emmisions? Wow!

Reply to
Guy King

"RichardK" wrote

My car cost £300 five years ago and it's still worth £300.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road
[Snipped Text]

Total bollocks, we could make almost as much out of a simple drain, flush and refill. When it goes to insurance we have to discount the parts and labour.

[Snipped Text] [Snipped Text]

We haven't yet had a warranty failure on a Honda system, reread what I said.

[Snipped Text]

Do you now. You obviously haven't any idea of the new dealer standards and how closely we have to work with the manufacturer now. The public wanted 'Block Excemption', and now they've got it.

If the repair is under warranty, then we make nothing on parts and have a very fixed control over the labour (at a vastly reduced hourly rate). If it goes to insurance, we still have to reduce the cost of the parts and labour to get the job approved.

It could be almost as profitable, and more desireable for all parties to be presented with a vehicle we can simply drain and flush.

As for the parts, do you *really* think we'd sell them on again having just removed them from a vehicle because we are advised they are unfit for use?

Reply to
Andy Hewitt
[Snipped Text]

(sound of Andy falling over).

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Sure. But if that happened, you would immediately have your car towed into a garage for assessment and repair; not driving around for a couple of months after been pulled out of the water before claiming on the insurance...

Reply to
Johannes

Only very slightly and the number of parts you change is almost criminal. I wasn't born yesterday and have a good knowledge of the trade. Many practices are less than borderline honest. Don't tell me that you make as much from a simple drain and refill as from a 3k refit of fuel system or a 10k engine and fuel system repair. These figures are yours by the way.

Good. Long may they remain reliable.

I know exactly how the warranty system works and how difficult it is to make money within it. Insurance gives a far greater profit opportunity.

Then you are very different to any other franchise who give a standard stock order and labour cost less a percentage. For instance some discount the standard labour rate by 20% which means a £60 rate is discounted to £48. Big deal, there is still profit there unless overheads are just too high.

and have

Ah. See above.

I do not believe so.

If you were an efficient dealer and knew there was nothing wrong with the parts then they would be perfectly good for fitting to stock used cars of a certain age. the only cost would be storage. I guess that it is these details that make the difference between an efficient family business and a big dealer group with 'here today gone tomorrow' attitude.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Zog The Undeniable

Petrol is more volatile. Kerosene is much more similar to diesel.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable