Re: Poor Tim has the 101 Blues...

Phew! I've got 1 layer of Cammo,, on the sides and front it's slowy coming off as water gets behind it leaving the bronze gloss green (Army never bothered to flat it before painting hence the now flakey session!)

The rear doors oddly have excellent adhesion but I suspect they have been replaced as the Bother to my proto type which I have a B&W piccy of the rear end of has a completely different lock handle arrangement. I suspect as the two were built side by side (1 LHD and 1 RHD) that Morph would have been the same once.

Anyway I digress..I may be able to breath a sigh of relief now as the remaining 1 coat should take 4 tins max to get off...1 for the rear doors one for the remaining sides and 1 for the roof and front....H'mmmm oh joy!

Lee

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

A nice yellow Pinzgauer, perhaps ?

Peter 'Would Like One Too' R.

Reply to
Peter R.

On or around Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:53:01 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

It's not entirely unlike the Fiat tractor terracotta colour which I rather fancy painting the 110 at the moment, slightly darker and more red.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:31:29 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

what's the camshaft like?

you really have exhausted most of the possibilities with ancilliary components; the camshaft as I'm sure you know is the bugbear of the V8. 3.9 cam seems to work reasonably well, in mine. Bit lacking in torque at sub-2000-revs (which the auto-box doesn't like), but at about 3000 she flies, and makes a nice noise too :-)

have you done a compression test on it?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Officially, it is Scarlet Mica, which is allegedly a Freelander colour. I wanted Alveston Red, but this seems to be near enough identical.

I'm now considering whether this should be a 'fleet colour'. I think the Discovery would look good like this, but I hanker after a proper Deep Bronze Green for the Series 2.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I pressure washed mine about 3 weeks ago now. Didnt do much at the time, but it appears to be pretty gradual, and i was soon able to pick some small bits off. The torrential rain over the last few days has done a lot too. Ive now got huge areas flaking off. I pulled a big bit of paint almost as large as my hand off thismorning :)

The heavy rain has also managed to get through my roof hatch and get the inside all wet too though :( I think it must be because i cleaned all the paint off it when i replaced the windows! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Sun, 27 Jul 2003 11:18:45 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

just done the new wing with "red oxide" primer, which is not far off the intended colour, and it looks quite promising. Blue stripes off it next, as they'll clash horribly.

'tis a fact that SIIs look very nice in DBG. I had one ages ago, and repainted it in Blackfriar's "Land Rover green", looked dead smart.

found some "Land Rover Blue" (as used on SIIIs) the other day, but I think I'll go with the terracotta now.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:40:57 +0100, Nikki made me spill my meths by writing:

I parked up with a 101 outside his house and a few curtains twitched when Matryn ran out with a bucket to catch the leaking petrol (I had the fuel cap on incorrectly and the heat had pressurised the tank)

Been getting some odd looks outside the new house here in Harrogate, and that was before I put the 101 outside :)

Reply to
Wayne Davies

In article , Tim Hobbs writes

Only two!

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:25:49 +0100, Tim Hobbs made me spill my meths by writing:

Maybe not the best description, I turned the cap to a different position and you could hear the pressure release. It was still secure in this position and wouldn't rotate any further as the padlock staple and hasp was holding it firm.

This only came to light (no pun intended) when I pulled up outside Martyns and stopped. The engine was no longer consuming fuel at a rate greater than the hot weather could pressurize the tank, so it started to drip out of the filler neck :)

btw, I got fairly close to Martyns house and asked one of the shopkeepers where the purple one lived. Funny but he knew exactly what I meant.

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Wayne Davies uttered these words of wisdom to all in the forgotten voids of message snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Mothers very own, personal, portable land mark put to good use once again!

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Appear to be a mix of 1040 F and 1040FM's. Some Atari monitors to go with them too (mix of B&W and colour ones)

All of them? An Atari ST supercomputer? :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

The link above details setting up a dual point distributor...I guess they aren't as simple as singlepoint ones but it's there for the taking.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

"Lee_D"

And whats better than the real thing......

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Yup!

Ah, I guess so if she supports the Blades... :-)

Interesting. We're a little bit tucked away, but only a short distance from the Bramhall Lane ground (we can hear the progess of most matches!)

Ah, best not mention that to my neighbours - wot wiv me bein' from Lundun an all that...!

Reply to
Mother

What's _really_ funny is that he took your registration number - in case you were on the prowl for spare parts! Like I said, a nice, small-ish and generally safe little community - as attested by me leaving my King Dick set in the back of the open GS last night, duh...

Reply to
Mother

The next one... ?

Reply to
Mother

There's some GPL'd cluster software out there somewhere!

Reply to
Mother

Did I really say that? Oops...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I was thinking about that too., although Warren doesn't think it 'sounds cammie' - but the dizzie drive gear was pretty fecked.

Anyway, Tim'll need a better cam - like the Piper 285...

Although still worth doing, it really isn't at all concomitant wit the current problem...

I wish it was fixed PD(effing)Q as I'm next in with my GS...

Reply to
Mother