Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fiat Panda awkward cold start, Ideas???
Hi all, Having a few problems with the wifes Panda Selecta '91. Fixed the auto box problems, was a case of simply taking the switch unit off the selector lever, opening it up and cleaning off all the...
8
8

OMG - £85 to fit an alarm?
Hello, I have just had a reply back from microscan - I nearly fell off my chair. £85 for fitting the Microscan AN211 - OUCH, the alarm is only about £55. From what i saw on the web site all that...
6
6

OT car manuel cd
Hi, did anybody ever order some cds with and whats the comment on their service? Geert
3
3

Mazda 626 Sticking Accelerator
My partner's new (1998) 1.8i 626 has a sticking accelerator. It is only stuck after sitting, usually overnight, and will then require a firm pressure on the pedal to unstick it. I've lubricated the...
2
2

ECU check
Does anyone know where in London area are garages where I can check my ECU? S.
5
5

Re: Rover 220GTi (J Reg 92/93) M16 Loosing Water
Head gasket problems causing water loss on the M series are very rare most like causes are the rad or water pump or one of the metal pipes. Rover crossflow rads get pretty tired around the 100 k mile...
3
3

Micra glove box woes
Nissan Micra K11 96N. The glove box refuses to close. I found that a bit of plastic on the back of glove box cover, which locatees with the locking mechanism, had sheared off. I superglued this bit...
7
7

Re: Motoring Humour
8
8

KA stalling
anyone come across this one .... when engine is rev'd to greater than 3000 rpm it stalls as revs die down (Hot fuel smell when restated) less than 3000 rpm engine returns to idle OK I've cleaned out...

Good Garage in Hampshire?
Hiya guys I have a MK3 1.8 Golf which is needs servicing and a couple of other things doing, but the last garage i went to did not do such a good job. Does anybody know of any good garages in...
3
3

Parts Wanted Urgently!
Need a water pump, doors (rust free as possible), intercooler and carb for Mg Montego Turbo, email me if you can help or leave message on the forums of Enthusiasts - Visit the brand new site just for...
1
1

Diesel Focus problem
Like a prat I put petrol in my TCi Diesel Focus. I was towed to the garage and the petrol pumped out. They had difficulty starting it but eventually it did, and now it has two problems, When it is...
3
3

1.2 Nova Misfire
The Wife has a 1.2 Nova - carb, manual choke - which plays up every few days with low speed misfire, poor power etc. Have gradually replaced distributor, cap, rotor arm, leads, plugs and coil and...
5
5

Fiat 1.8i engine - no "grunt"
I used to have a Fiat Tempra 1.8. ( I know, I know - but it was cheap and lasted 8 years). It was a crap car but the engine used to pull like stink. I then replaced it with a Fiat Marea 1.8 ( I know,...
4
4

Steel to alloy wheel - Pros and cons
Dear Panel, I have a mk1 Sierra Estate with 175 / 80 13" steel wheels - the car is our family car and does about 6,000 miles per year. I am very fussy about keeping it reliable and well maintained and...
7
7