Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A usefull website to store sooner rather than later...
God Forbid if it happens but these guys are brilliant.
2
2

Good Wirral/Chester Garage?
Does anybody know of a garage in the Wirral/Chester area that combines that rare quality of good workmanship (especially on Range Rovers), with fair billing ? Many thanks Rob
1
1

Bizarre Fiesta Engine Behaviour
Evenin' All. Wondered if anyone could shed any light on a problem with a friend's 1996 (P Reg) Fiesta 1.3 'Encore'. It's the base model of the previous model shape - a bit of a girlie car, but then,...
3
3

Diesel Fuel Line corroded & leaking
My A80 TDI has a corroded fuel line just in front of the tank ( under the rear seat part of the floor ). I know with break pipes you can get new lines made up at motor factor shops , but whats...
1
1

VW/Audi goll/80 rear calipers
Anyone know a cheap source for getting serviced/recon'd calipers for these cars ? My A80 handbrake is duff because the intregal handbrake mechanisms are crusted up & jammed. I've heard Eurocar parts...
1
1

Factory Fitted Alarm
Hi all, I have a 97 Vauxhall Astra Estate which seems to have a factory fitted alarm. On the rear windows each side there is an attena type thing stuck to the glass, with Alarm written right in the...
2
2

Re: Ford and RUST !!!
Buy a Golf?
3
3

Changing battery reset electronics - can this happen??
Hi all, I've now got a 1997 Vauxhall Astra Estate 1.7TD. Very nice she to. When I went to look at this car the battery was flat, it was started with a couple of booster packs. Now I've got the car and...

Re: Top Gear - Who the hell is Stig?
Perry McCarthy -- Andy Jenkins UK Broadband Usergroup :
5
5

440 clicking sound??
Gotta 1989 G reg 440 with 1.7 manual petrol engine. The old lady starts fine and runs well. When starting a journey there is often a clicking sound coming from the engine bay. It is a rapidly repeated...

1993 Honda Civic 1.6 ESi VTEC
In the absence of a Haynes Manual (!) for this model, could anyone educate me as to the tappet clearances please (since it appears to have adjusters) ? TIA Andy

how do i open my vectra boot from inside ???
My wifes 97 veccy saloon has locked me out of the boot,Is there any way to open it from inside ??? Car is up for mot next week and here in Ulster its an 8 week + waiting time for the test cos we have...

Still stalling
Thanks to Peter Hill for telling me where to find the Air control Valve now its been cleaned the car is still stalling - but not as much - what else can it be? or does it just need a few more cleans?...

Rear door electric lock jammed on-Nissan Bluebird
I have a Nissan Bluebird 1989, one of the rear doors electric lock does not release the door. The latch moves but the door stays locked. Anyone know how this can be sorted out? Any info appreciated.

Re: BMW 318 - rev - idle - rev - idle - rev - idle - rev
Don't know about BMW's but I've seen this happen on 2 other cars when the TPS is knackered.
5
5