Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nissan Almera Failed MOT
Hi there, My Nissan Almera Has just failed its MOT on the offside power steering ram leaking, however, there are no fluids on my driveway, The power steering still works perfectly, using no fluid, but...
12
12

Ping: Adrian
YH(g)M Cheers.

silencer rubber bands
Anyone know where I can buy those rubber band that hold the rear silencer in place on a fiest W reg? I just called Ford dealer - and those bands are all differnet sizes apparently,,,
2
2

Sodding modern cars.
All I wanted to do was change a headlight bulb on my Mondeo but it=20 seems that I have to take apart the front of the car. I had to remove=20 the grille and then take the whole sodding headlight unit...
33
33

Airbags and disconnection.
Just thought I'd ask here while I search elsewhere (daylight is ticking away...) but is it safe to just disconnect the single wire that comes up from the steering column and connects to the airbag...
4
4

Mondeo exhausts - what fits what?
I'm after a new exhaust for my Mondeo - or possibly a 2nd hand stainless jobbie. I know I could just get the standard bits but I feel like having something with a bit more flow and a bit more of a low...
4
4

my "new" Golf Mk 4
Hi all, I've just got this Golf Mk 4 TDI SE 100 which was quite a big purchase for me, and so forgive my excitement. I feel a bit of a traitor getting rid of the '94 Mk 3 which has been a good friend,...
14
14

FREE custom BODY KITS and SPOILERS
Everyday we give away thousands of dollars worth of new AFTERMARKET BODY KITS This is how it works. Check out our website and find the parts that you are looking for (if you don=92t see them, you will...

Focus 2.0 TDCi / Ford service technicians
My Focus 2.0 TDCi had a problem in last spring where sometimes when you started the engine, it didn't quite reach idle and didn't respond to throttle inputs. The main dealer replaced the EGR valve but...
22
22

Peugeot 106 Ignition wiring
Hi again, can anyone advise me on the interchangeability (or otherwise) of various parts of the ignition circuitry on this '03 plated Peugeot 106d 'Zen' ? As mentioned in a previous posting, ignition...
12
12

Is this windscreen scratch an MOT failure?
Just had the MOT. It failed on 8.3.1a and 8.3.1d, because of wiper blade damage to the EDGE of the blade. For example: particular: you see anything that looks bad enough to fail? Particularly when you...
3
3

Wire stripper
Automotive uses a wide range of cable sizes but I've found the cheap tools do a good job for most of the normal wires. Big alternator and starter cables need something more apropriate of course. Cheap...
22
22

Nissan Micra engine cut out
Hi, Driving along motorway and engine cuts out. Pull over, call AA who spray something into the hole where the air filter is and says its due to fuel starvation. Now what would cause this and what did...
6
6

Guess the Fault
What about a rod through the side which has chopped a brake pipe and spewed oil on the exhaust.
50
50

I want to deactivate car immobiliser
Still battling with power draining from my Rover 220 battery. Removed the fuses for everything except car ignition, and the drain seemed to stop But unfortunately to actually start the car I had to...
2
2