(ot) FAO ADSL users.

From PlusNet's own website. They give expected uses of the different connection packages and for a 2MB connection they state 5Mb/30s.

Reply to
Steve Firth

So you are saying that th euser paid for one sweet?

But the company selling the sweets is the one who decides which sweets to offer. The company described those sweets as 2Mb, unlimited. Now you are saying that the buyer gets that one sweet but must restrict their sucking.

Are you paid by plusnet? Because I can't see that they are getting their money's worth.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And when one goes onto a business tariff, can one then use the service to download at 2Mb 24/7? If not, why not? The business premium service is described as "unlimited".

Reply to
Steve Firth

The only ones to blame are PlusNet. They advertised a service they could not provide. Since they clearly did not mean "unlimited" usage they should have spelled out their contractual obligation. Since it is clear that PlusNet are in the dominant position in the relationship - they draft the terms of the contract - a court would not look kindly on any claim that the customers misused the service.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What evidence do you have, and I mean evidence, not prejudice, not a belief that it "must be", that these individuals are making illegal use of their connection. I suggest to you that you don't have any evidence at all and are simply blackening the name of individuals without good cause.

Reply to
Steve Firth

But people aren't complaining about reduced bandwidth. To download over

600GB in a month, that means someone *is* using the full bandwidth all of the time, so contention isn't the issue. It's simply the fact that for those particular customers they are making a big loss.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yep

No idea as my connection is shared, but I use it very little (in comparison with how much i could). Mostly just looking at web pages and the odd small downloads

In the short term yes, but in the long term it probably wont be.

Wouldnt be fussed TBH. The only reason i use broadband is the speed, i'm not fussed about downloading huge amounts of stuff.

Would think about it, but probably wouldnt bother

Charge them more money or kick em off! Its not fair for all your other customers if they are nicking all the bandwidth!! Plus if that is the case, you could potentially loose customers over reduced download speeds, so it makes good business sense to do something about them!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Coulour me "I don't give a f*ck." What you appear to have failed to understand is that PlusNet made a clear, unambiguous offer to trade. That offer was expressed clearly as "unlimited" and "no additional costs for extra data transfer." Again, which part of this are you failing to understand?

You have rahter more rights than that. Speed was not the only issue nor the sole promise that PlusNet made.

Correct, and PlusNet should take note. Business is fed by the customer, not the other way around.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The moral is don't aggressively market and contractually agree to provide a service your network hasn't a hope in hell of sustaining then arbitrarily break off that contract when the inevitable breakdown occurs. That is the moral, but it keeps happenning.

Reply to
Johnny

I'm not the one on the shitty pipe,

So who's the stupid one?

Reply to
ron

lol im certainly not apologising to you, you still cant grasp the fact of what plusnet have done is well whithin there rights and you are arguing a loss cause

Reply to
ron

I dont need no evidence you stupid prick, I am saying plusnet will have, I dont give a f*ck if you download goatporn all day long.

Reply to
ron

Are you alleging that I am one of the people that Mason complained about? If so would you care to provide the evidence that leads you to that conclusion?

You. Clearly and demonstrably.

I suggest that you make your apology deep, meaningful and grovelling.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Phew!

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Sue them then and stop your stupid argument, if your that pissed off about it. Stop trying to justify it, its been done now accept it or do somthing.

I'm giving you a reason why I think they have done it, if you dont like that reason then your welcome to your opionions, but you are looking stupid arguing how your so upset

Put up or shut up simple as that

Reply to
ron

Again I ask you are you alleging that I am one of the individuals referred to by Mason? Your statement above appears to make it clear that you are making exactly that allegation. I therefore suggest that you retract your claim and apologise.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Again you appear to be alleging that Plusnet have had cause to do something to me. What do you base this libel on?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Can I just interrupt at this point and mention that I'm pretty sure Ronny used the word "if", pointing to a theoretical situation.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

ROFL I just done a search for Steve Firth on google groups and the 3rd post on the page states "STEVE FIRTH IS A WANKER"

haha

Grow up tosser

I rest my case.

Reply to
ron

Heh, I got a letter from orange telling me (after ~5 years) that they had meant to charge me £3 a month for not paying by direct debit during all that time and that I was jolly lucky they hadn't backdated the charges on my bill and were just going to charge me the £3 from now on. I so wanted them to try.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne