(ot) FAO ADSL users.

Heh, the generosity of these companies knows no bounds.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Punched out onto DVD burners as 2 hour films in DivX format, three to four disks a day. Nothing fancy. This will also be using some sort of stupidly mickey mouse distro like bit torrent, where the downloader will be uploading as well, so each film uses two to three times as much bandwidth.

Reply to
Questions

NTL talk about the 1Gb cap but it isn't enforced, I tend to average over

2Gb a day downloaded and about 1Gb uploaded, thats just on their standard 600k service.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

This is obviously and trivially, an attempt to conflate "illegal downloading" with "downloading that uses more bandwidth than suits us". If it was that simple, Plusnet would simply grass up their customers who were downloading films and music and have them fined in court (and then sit back and watch those new customers flock in).

It would be more honest than pretending that using the service as provided for unknown purposes was "abuse."

Reply to
Questions

Either "PlusNet support" "Mason" or "Rmason" depending on PC i'm sat at or account i'm using.

Reply to
Mason

2Mb is the fastes we offer as it's ADSL.

and we've had users on 2Mb who's usage per month was 640Gb

Reply to
Mason

NTL dont often enforce that cap.

Reply to
Mason

apologies for using the URL. advertising want my intention...

but the topic was tagged as OT as are many others in here.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

It gets better....he also sent an e-mail to snipped-for-privacy@plus.net (URL NOT USED TO ADVERTISE)

:o) it's where i work.....the network guys said "guess whos had an abuse report this morning :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Fair play to 'em. That's what they've paid for after all. Be rude not to make the best use of it.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

what we want is a sustainable customer base..

these guys doing 600Gb per month....

are costing us 6-700 per month and paying 30 - 60 not sustainable

Reply to
Mason

*claps*
Reply to
Mason

Yeah but no but yeah but.......shuddup!

These guys doing 600GB per month may be costing you 6-700 per month, but they are only using it to the potential you said they could (hence use of the word unlimited) when they signed up.

Of course if, since then, you've changed the t's + c's and emailed the customers to tell them that there's been a change in the t's and c's and everything's been done properly and above board, then they're not really in a position to complain.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

You advertised a service that you cannot provide and had no intention of providing. You took money from people who expected you to provide the service you advertised. That's a fairly substantial breach of the law.

Reply to
Steve Firth

He used the word "if" in the wrong place.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Would you care to provide me with the address of your solicitor so that I may serve papers on you?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Oh look, Ron has got the clap from Mason.

Reply to
Steve Firth

They have not mailed customers to let them know of a change in the T&Cs applied to accounts.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Googling for "Plusnet" and "bastards" is quite entertaining.

One contributor points out that 1Mb/s and 1GB usage (up and down) gives you all of a couple of hours a month usage.

Reply to
Steve Firth

My claim to fame is doing 4gbs in a month on dial up. I'm suprised my isp gave me an adsl account.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston