Saxo VTR induction kit?

The message from Rooney contains these words:

Yes - but oh so cheaply.

Reply to
Guy King

.> It amuses me that all of these people are taking the piss out of VTR's.

Hmmm. Pot. Kettle. VTS are a full 2 seconds quicker to sixty and plenty quicker to 100. You've never driven a VTS have you :o)

No, you wouldn't. If a VTS was being considered you probably be in your teens or twenties. Grp 14 insurance is stretching it, group 16+ is silly.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

you have to drive a pile of shit.

I had my VTS at 18. brought it lock/stock myself rand and insured it.

I wasn't minted. But I did need a reliable/newish car to get me to work and back.

Not to mention the 7.odd to 60. None to shabby.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Rooney ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Apart from the fact that a "new" one won't be the same car, it'll be the new model. The pre-reg old model will be months old (MANY months in the case of the Astra), and may even have been pre-registered for months.

Yes, but that will usually (unless the new model's a dog) be a lot less than somebody who bought the new model would sell it for.

What's the point in throwing all that depreciation away if you can't even pick the spec you want?

Reply to
Adrian

And then theres the initial buy price....

Reply to
DanTXD

In message , Adrian writes

Too kind by half. There's a perfectly good bucket there. Paper bag of cold dog vomit.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Reply to
Pete M

Oddly enough, not everyone wants the same thing from a car as you. Get over it.

Reply to
DanTXD

I don't think Nom has any logic to go up in smoke.

His MUXed Peugeot has lots of logic though, and if french electrics are to be relied upon, there's a good chance that some part of it will go up in smoke at some point. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

DanTXD ( snipped-for-privacy@SdanPontAherMun.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

A v6 406 coupe is hardly a hard-headed practical choice, though - I mean, seriously...

Reply to
Adrian

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I know, and to be perfectly honest, I couldn't give a flying f*ck what people want from their cars. I like fast cars. I like cars that handle. I like RWD cars. I like decent build quality. I don't need remote control, auto-arming LPG powered foglights and 25 airbags.I also like decent value from my cars, I don't like to lose £1500-2000 a year on a car in return for a "decent warranty and a new car smell"

I think anyone who buys a new car for any of the following reasons should be impaled on the steering column of a rusty Morris Ital (without lube);

"It's the New Reg" "It's got 'free' insurance" "It's newer than my next door neighbours car" "I got to pick the colour, and this metallic flame pink pearl is wonderful" "It's got a 'free' three year warranty" "It's got 6 airbags, ABS, TC, ESP, and a peril sensitive windscreen"

Then again, I'm a car enthusiast and an enthusiastic driver who knows how to enjoy a proper car.

Unlike some in here.

Reply to
Pete M

I didn't buy my new car,but i did get all those things :) (except TC/ESP and pink, and my windscreen is only rain sensitive)

I can't afford to.

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Heh, rain sensitive wipers are ok, when they work. Good fun in "hand" car washes.

You've got a new car for about the only decent reason there is.

Reply to
Pete M

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I thought you were extolling the virtues of a 911?

BTW - from something posted by somebody else on a thread elsewhere :-

On a small stretch of road near us today we espied a Porker doing an upside-down 2CV impression. Seems the pilot turned right, then let fly with all available horses. The thing stepped out, swiped a tree with the rear end, hung out the other way, and flipped.

It was a 911 GT3 RS, was white, is now in a dozen pieces. The front suspension legs were about 30 yards away in a field ... the veehicul was worth about £90,000 so I'm told.

The most interesting part of the saga was the odd snippet of info emitting from the pilot.

Like, 'It's not my car, I borrowed it.' And 'I'm not insured to drive it.'

Just as someone was suggesting that he get a taxi the 10 miles or so to Birmingham Airport and leave the country immediately - we hear that Peru is quite nice this time of year, Plod showed up. I expect he's in the Slammer just now; what a way to start the week-end ...

Reply to
Adrian

In news:Xns963CD7AFCB35Aadrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170, Adrian decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I am, they handle fine if you drive them right. They're only totally lethal if you're used to numb, ESP'd FWD crap! ;-)

Arrkkkk!

Not good.

Reply to
Pete M

I fail to see what a German confectionary treat has to do with this.

Reply to
SteveH

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think, in those circumstances, the slammer'd probably be quite a good place to be. At least the owner's not going to get at you...

Reply to
Adrian

Suire - but that's a different car. The 05 pre-reg bargains are available in March, so these ones have only just been registered. Full warranty, virtually. Whether imported or not makes no difference for some makes - it's not an issue.

But it may well be the spec you want. It may even be your dream car - in which case, your budget may allow you to buy a brand spanking new pre-registered one, or the same model 1-2 years old for exactly the same price elsewhere. I know which one I'd choose!

Reply to
Rooney

Yeah, its hilarious dont you think. Doesnt change the fact that they are better value for money than a Saxo and in the the same (or higher) performance bracket as a Saxo.

Dont tell me what I would do, because you clearly do not know! I'd take the BMWs over a 106. The Saab, Pugs and Rover turbo would be about equal with the 106, followed by the n/a Rover and the Astra. But in my current situation I'd take any those (except maybe the Astra) over the 106, but i'd take an MR2 over any of them. The car that I'd really like to buy next (as in fun car not a runabout) is another mk1 MR2. 20+ year old design and yet would shame virtually any other car put up against it when looking at the reasons i like a car (NO NOT THE REASONS YOU WOULD BUY A CAR!!!)

Whatever.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Tell Nom then!!!!