Saxo VTR induction kit?

Nom ( snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.Somewhere) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Any kind of interest whatsoever. It's a typical bloated, lardy, over-large, over-nannying bland blob with far too much unnecessary technology to try to compensate and insulate.

Reply to
Adrian

...but it's louder, bumpier, and it's not rammed with gadgets. And it'll kill me *when* I crash. I'd be a very bored driver of your 911.

Actually, that's a lie - I'd probably quite like scooting around at ludicrous speed until I crashed and died.

The point is, I've got all the pace I need, *and* all the other stuff I want. I haven't compromised anywhere except my wallet. Obviously if I wanted

*lots* of pace (as you do Pete), then the Pug would be totally the wrong choice of car.
Reply to
Nom

Yup!

They're good little shopping cars. Ideal for the missus.

Reply to
Pete M

Nom ( snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.Somewhere) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It certainly did when it first came out, but I'm not convinced it's aging that well - it seems to be maturing into blandness.

Reply to
Adrian

Nom ( snipped-for-privacy@Somewhere.Somewhere) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Hell, even I would - I've never paid money for a car that wasn't a Citroen, and I've hated both (new, E36, co. car) BMWs I've had.

Reply to
Adrian

Exactly, but the Porsche is group 20, and the best part of a 160 mph sports car with a reputation for flinging itself backwards through hedges if not driven properly. So I for one would expect it to cost more than a group 17 Pug,

The reason I used the Porsche Vs Pug example is because older cars frequently cost less to insure than newer ones.

This is just an example of a 160 mph thoroughbred sports car costing less to insure than a newer luxobarge coupé thing

Reply to
Pete M

Douglas Payne ( snipped-for-privacy@cheerful.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Many of the components will be Bosch.

Reply to
Adrian

Probably because you're the kind of chap who buys newer cars than I do.

I remember a few years ago, when I had the Cosworth, I was going to swap it for a 2 year old Scorpio 24v until I got the insurance quote. The Scorpio was £2k more expensive even though it was worth the same as the Cosworth.

Nowadays the Scorpio is just another cheap old hack, and insurance isn't that bad on them anymore.

Reply to
Pete M

Trust me, it's very difficult to get bored in a 911. Even at legal speeds!

Oh yeah, you'd enjoy it alright.

I actually quite like 406 Coupés, I'd replace the Merc with one, once they're cheap enough, and use it as a cheapo waft machine.

Reply to
Pete M

with

This will probably only mean much to those who used to listen to Mark and Lard, but anyway: Back...han....ded complimeeeeennnnnnt!!!! :o)

Reply to
Carl Bowman

There are no cars out there better than mine :)

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

He's right you know...

Reply to
Pete M

See :) You should all have 206's.

Reply to
DanTXD

Stuck together for Peugeot in Italy?

Pass me the fire extinguisher...

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yes, but you haven't answered the question, which is why should I want to? Y'see, I'm actually happy with my current car.

(ok, I can see the x-post to .modifications, which by definition is aimed at people who aren't happy with their cars...)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

The message from "Pete M" contains these words:

Oh, I don't know - depends whether they're throwing it my way. There's a nice Montego 7-seater TD on eBay at the moment. Needs a head gasket but might be fun.

Reply to
Guy King

I'm prepared to bet he's never driven an 8V one :-) Or an E30

Reply to
Duncan Wood

In message , Adrian writes

For its class, it actually doesn't have much in the way of nanny electronics. No traction control, stability control, etc. It's got ABS and a driver and passenger airbag and, err, that's about it.

It's not as heavy as it looks, either; at 1205kg it's lighter than the old Civic 1.6VTi, a lot lighter than the (4WD) Escort Cosworth and Integrale, a tad lighter than a 306GTi-6...

Of the current and recent competitors, the 147GTA, Focus RS, Megane 225, Leon Cupra, Astra GSi and Golf GTi are all heavier.

It's fair comment that hot hatches are bloated and over-nannied per se, but the Civic is by no means the worst offender. Look to VW group for that honour. Environmentalists are concerned that the gravitational field of the Audi A3 3.2 may be interfering with the lunar orbit, and VW have had to settle warranty claims after two loaded A3s collided and collapsed into a singularity.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Me neither I suppose, even though they look *terrible*. And whilst we're at it, the Bimmers can come out of there too. The Rover 200 and Astra GTE remain.

Reply to
Nom

I can't answer that !

Why don't I drive around in a nearly-new WRX STi ? Whilst I could just about afford it, I'd really wish the monthly payments weren't exciting my bank account.

Me too, funnily enough.

Reply to
Nom