Saxo VTR induction kit?

In news:7NidnSSWP snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, Carl Gibbs decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Nom is a goat blowing gobshite of the highest order. Like he'd listen.

:-)

Reply to
Pete M

The message from "Pete M" contains these words:

Some of us are here because we know about about keeping cars going and don't mind sharing what knowlege we have. S'got sod all to do with being enthusiastic drivers. I'm not at all enthusiastic as a driver, but I quite enjoy spending an afternoon underneath the car.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) contains these words:

More patisserie than confectionary, Shirley?

Reply to
Guy King

Good point.

And don't call me Shirley ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

In news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk, Guy King decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

So you're an enthusiast.

Reply to
Pete M

The message from "Pete M" contains these words:

Yes, but not about driving 'em.

Reply to
Guy King

Damnit, that means I gotta think up a valid response !

So far so good :)

The problem comes when the other tit(s) on the road, drives into you. Having said that, I don't give two hoots about safety ratings - my last car had 0.5 NCAP Stars (yep, half a star). Did I think twice about buying it ? Nope ! But I won't concede that safety is not a valid car feature - because it's important to the vast majority of the car-buying public. NCAP ratings sell cars.

Ah, well we differ there - I love gadgets.

The reason people raise their car budget, is to upgrade ! If it's not an upgrade, then you've wasted your cash - there are plenty of cars out there better than yours, that cost more money. See what I'm getting at ? There's always a better car out there, but you have to pay for it.

Reply to
Nom

Yep - both of those are cars I'd be happy to pootle around in. Neither belong to the original "pile of shit" list : "mk2 Astra GTE, Rover

220 (n/a or turbo), Saab 900 Turbo, BMW 325i/318iS".
Reply to
Nom

In news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk, Guy King decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

That's fair enough.

At least you're interested in cars, and you're not on here to say "Your car is old, throw it away and buy a new one. Old is worthless".

Anyone who spends time working on their cars is fine by me, as long as they're not fitting anything neon.

Reply to
Pete M

Poppycock - the Saxo is better in every way ! Cheap and crap does not equal value-for-money :) The VTR and VTS are genuinely good cars, when compared to their peers. Infact, the 106 GTi was Evo's recommended hot-hatch for *years*.

You're suggesting an Astra GTE could keep up with a Saxo VTS round a track ? An A to B drive has corners you know :) The Rover 200 is just as bad, although the Turbo's straight-line speed would give it the edge. But it's moot, cos the young driver wouldn't be able to insure it, and it's gearbox would be broken, so it wouldn't be going anywhere anyway.

You'd rather have a late-80s Bimmer sat on your drive, than a shiny 106 GTi ?

But the Rover and Astra are *dire* ! They're rubbish beyond belief !

Do you follow the motoring press ? The Saxo VTS / 106 GTi were held in

*very* high regard a few years back. They're excellent cars.
Reply to
Nom

So what you're saying, is that different cars carry different insurance premiums ? Oooh, well I'd never have guessed that !

You can see from my quotes above that your original "newer cars cost more to insure" is clearly incorrect (at least, with Direct Line).

Agreed.

Only an idiot buys a new car.

Reply to
Nom

Seconded.

Reply to
Nom

Stop this madness ! The Porsche is not the Peugeot. Their insurance premiums are clearly going to be very different, as they're completely different cars !

Reply to
Nom

Agreed. It looks nice though.

Reply to
Nom

I agreed - only a mentallist buys a new car !

But it's a good job they do, otherwise there'd be no used cars around for us.

Some idiot lost TWENTY GRAND in the three years they owned my Pug from new. If I was going to pay £20,000 for three years of car ownership, it

*CERTAINLY* wouldn't be on a Peugeot. Infact, I'm struggling to think of *any* car I couldn't afford, for that sort of three-year-ownership cost ?
Reply to
Nom

He does :)

And so do you :)

Reply to
Nom

LOL !

Reply to
Nom

I've got plenty thanks.

Yep - as soon as that starts happening, I shall get rid. Car faults are a great excuse to change :)

Reply to
Nom

I can't !

Can you explain to me why the age of a car, hasn't affected it's premium one bit, in all the quotes I've had recently ?

Reply to
Nom

I wouldn't put the Saab 900 Turbo in a shit list...

Reply to
Pete M