OT My poor kitty cat. :-(

I live right outside RAF Lakenheath and worked at RAF Mildenhall. I only lived in England for four years but I had an awesome time. Myself and two good friends would drive down to Newquay in Cornwall all the time and go surfing. The water was bitter cold but the surf was great. There were a few other towns south of there that we also hit, St. Ives I think was one of them. Dan

Reply to
EuroBug

Lived, not live.

Reply to
EuroBug

Cousin! :) I lived in Bicester for a bit which was near RAF Upper Heyford and studied for a while at Oxford. It was a gas to see the U2 land and depart.

Reply to
jjs

The U2 is a very strange animal. I worked on the special op's c-130's at Mildenhall. Dan

Reply to
EuroBug

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 11:31:49 -0500, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

well since im not involved could it possibly be that it doesn't bother someone "looking in"? no personal attacks came my way so no anger to cloud my judgement....but fun to watch...LOL...(sorry) J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 13:27:24 -0500, "EuroBug" ran around screaming and yelling:

i *think* the reason i could see the humor in it is because i had seen the picture that was posted many times before....i *am* an animal lover to the bone, but i am also a "clown" that loves to see funny stuff....remember im not very "PC" i laughed like hell when shaggie posted the "arguing on the internet is like.......)(i think it was shag) even though it really *isn't* funny....but hell i have learned to laugh at myself first....i was informed by a well known VW mag writer that "lurks more than posts" that i was a trouble maker that loves to keep things going..(this as he described how i like to keep things going, and he was sorry to hear that i felt i *needed* to sell my baja)(about a year or so ago)....so i kinda try to stay out of it(don't always do so good)...anyway...carry on....LOL J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

This is why some take things in their own hands...................

Some 70,000 dogs -- and cats -- are born every day in the U.S. because of uncontrolled breeding, says the Humane Society of the United States.

Yet despite the shocking numbers, only 20 states have laws requiring sterilization of such animals. As a result, packs of stray dogs and cat run wild in most large cities.

Reply to
Michael Jeffers

I used to love watching the U-2 take off from a slightly more romte location. (Think hot and dry....) My friend at Mildenhall flys on the refueling birds out there and my other friend works ammunition at RAF Lakenheath. I haven't been to the UK in months, but I want to get back there one of these days on holiday.

Eric

Reply to
EGad987

This must be one of the longest "not to bright" threads on RAMVA, not taking sides, you are all equally guilty for responding to something this daft... Now even including myself.

You all have a good night and wet dreams...

J.

Wherner Von Braun had an occupation not many in this thread could relate to...... (says me :o) )

Reply to
BergRace

.......................I go to cities like NYC, Boston & Philadelphia quite a lot. In the past, I've lived and worked in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Houston without ever seeing any "packs of stray dogs and cat(s)" running wild. Just which large cities are you referring to there mikey? You wouldn't be talking out of your ass again?........huh?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

What started this nonsense wasn't the stupid road kill cat picture, it wasn't eurobug killing his neighbors cats, and it wasn't about animal rights... It was about inconsideration for other people feelings and disrespect towards another RAMVA member. It started as a cruel deliberate attack just to show off and it only demonstrated ones stupidity and immaturity. I personally got involved because I HATE STUPID PEOPLE and people that show no considerations towards others really get under my skin. This whole ordeal has become a huge soap opera and it's getting old and stale. So lets just say we are all different people with many points of view, most of us are grown adults and some are seniors. Many times we may agree on things and at times we wont. The key is that we are all here in a newsgroup to post about our common interest and a level of respect should be maintained.

As to Eurobug & "Mikey" if you want to attack me... bring it on... OUTSIDE the newsgroup so that others don't have to put up with your bullshit. Send me an email... snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

that may not have been what started it all, but it was what escalated it all....

LOL

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

.......................Well said.

...................I'm getting a lot of respect for you Narley. Why'd you stay gone for so long? I remember that things weren't too great between us about four years ago but like Country Joe said: "Let your Saigons be Bygones"

:-)

take care

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

..................Watch out Joey.........I might have to flame you a new one for disagreeing with our viewpoint.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Snip

I believe that "Let Saigons be bygones" was said by Kinky Friedman, not Country Joe McDonald. Country Joe is credited with "Gimme an F...." Another statement I agree with.

Not bad for a 20 y.o., eh?

Eric

Reply to
EGad987

Ahh... you noticed that the auction ended without selling. The guy who put in the bi e mailed me after the auction and still might be interested, but have not heard back from him yet. Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

..............jeez.......you're right.

.......Was it the 'We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to You' song? I haven't heard it in a long time.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

hehe...i ain't skeered...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

well Bill I'm torn here....if you need it to sell, then i hope it does, but i hate to see you *have* to sell it....

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 02:09:34 +0100, "BergRace" shared the following:

I'm proud to point out that I'm the one who started this thread by posting a picture of my poor kitty cat. :-D

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis