Ping Beamends - lapbelts for 110

Richard,

I sent you an email yesterday morning, just wanted to check whether you had it. No rush on the price.

Ta, Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Message recieved ok - presumably the reply has vanished into netland....

MXC5495 Lap Belt - Rear Inward Facing Seat - Defender 90 & 110 With 4 Seats to MA951239 £29.37 inc VAT Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Is that for the pair? If so, what would the ostage be to France.

Ta, Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Each - unfortunately! Postage £18.00 (over 2kgs :-( )

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

OK, sign me up for a pair. I'll phone tomorrow with CC details - 'sthat alright?

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Ouch - sounds like the postal service is gouging you a bit. I posted a

2.5kg parcel of parts to the UK from here (NZ) for about that amount of money and it was delivered in 6 days.
Reply to
EMB

On or around Wed, 09 Aug 2006 18:28:53 +0100, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

had a thing about the new postage bollox. don't send anything out in A4 size envelopes, after about the 27th, it's a "large letter" and costs more, irrespective of weight. load of money-grabbing batsids.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Between Paypal, eBay, and the post office, I might as well just drop the books off at Oxfam.

Reply to
David G. Bell

That's my favourite type of call.... :-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

That's for a courier, but it would be similar for Royal Mail, plus insurance (as they are pretty much guarnteed to lose it!). The silly thing is that if it were a single 70kg parcel it would only be £36.00!

Over 2Kg RM get very, very expensive - it's actually chaper by £10.00 to send 2 x 2kg parcels with then rather than 1 x 4Kg - god knows how they work that out!

I have noticed though, when stuff gets returned from EU countries, that for most EU countries postage/courier is often about half the UK rate, even with the multi-nationals.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

We've had to dump RM alltogether (except Ireland, the Scottish Islands, the Isle Of Wight and letters). Their systems are so out of date, cumbersome and inefficient (and getting more complex, not simpler). Unfortunately the loss of our business, and others in the area, is most likely to contribute to the closure of several local small Post Offices. The clown that runs RM really needs to get back to the shop floor and see how it actually works, and how the comnetition does it, while he's still got a business. RM wanted to charge us £49.00 a year for labelling software, ANC came round, installed & tested their software next day - free. Personally I can see RM collapsing within, say, 5 years and universal delivery disappearing. The couriers must be laughing all the way to the bank... Still, that would stop people sending out letters with "date as post mark" as I might choose to only collect mail once a week! Every cloud....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd