Corsa Turbo

Same difference :P I have a short attention span :)

Reply to
REMUS

Every one apart from the Vectra mk2 & 3 were generally much better then their main competition (Ford) at the time.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

You're saying the Vectra Mk1 was significantly better than the Mk1 Mondeo? I wouldn't have said so.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I thought the sierra was still around when the vectra was launched? if not the all the Vectras were inferior.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

Mondeo Mk1 - June or July 93.

As for everything else being generally better than the equivalent Ford, well, the Ashtray Mk1 was better than the Mk3 Escort, that's a fair point, but Mk3 Escorts were s**te as well.

Ford built some *utter* s**te in the 80s and 90s as well.

Reply to
Pete M

Oh I dunno. Ford and Vauxhall both made absolute shit in the 80s and early

90s. Ford didn't make decent cars till the Focus (the Mondeo before it wasn't *too* bad I suppose), Vauxhall didn't make decent cars till the previous Astra / Current Vectra (and even then, they're not great).
Reply to
Nom

Nope, Mondeo came around on the last of the K platers, and Vectras didn't rear their ugly heads until N reg.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In all fairness, the Mk3 Cav wasn't a bad car. Nothing exciting, definitely wasn't going to set the world on fire, but mechanics were always fairly reliable, and mk3 Cavs were ok to drive.

The story's different for the big RWD cars - the Carltons and Senators were great cars, and I think the Granadas were ok as well (especially the 24 valve ones).