Asleep at the wheel.

abc7.com/video-appears-to-show-tesla-driver-asleep-at-the-wheel-on-i-5/5488 646 ...Car was doing 70-75 mph. Santa Clarita area. That is where Gunsmo
ke and many other Western movies were filmed. Long ago people would fall as leep while riding their horses/ riding in wagons. That was perfectly safe t hough.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Safe as long as the horses did not fall asleep, too.

No, it's okay. Horses sleep standing up.
I do think the horse is the model that we want to emulate in terms of automated cars. Mind you, I have met some horses with behaviours that should not be emulated but the overall notion of a friendly animal who knows where you want to go and will take you there is a good one. --scott

Many years ago CMU nerds made a device that looks in the drivers face and says something when he nods off. At the trucking con last week I was told there is a machine for that now.
Nils