Idler pulley squeeks, lubricate or replace?

My 94 Saturn SL2 squeels when first started, and may be getting worse. Likeliest guess is the idler pulley bearings. It's not an easy replacement, going through the wheel well. Should I be able to get away with just lubricating it? With what?
Nils K. Hammer
Reply to
kendrive7
If you squirt a little Superlube or equivalent on the bearings, you can delay the problem a little bit. You probably want to do this just to make sure the problem is the idler pulley and not a squealing belt or something else.
But, this is only delaying the inevitable. --scott
Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Site Timeline Threads