Rebuilding AC compressor on my 2004 Nissan Xterra.....?

I am thinking of rebuilding my AC compressor... So I am wondering where I can find parts and a instructions to do so....? Looked at the factory service manual and there is none. Also tried searching for parts, but have not found any so far....?

On 2/3/2020 8:28 AM, Randall Shimizu wrote:

Don't bother, buy a replacement. Find one you want at rockauto.com, then buy that one at Amazon and save shipping costs.
Randall Shimizu wrote:

You may find seals and bearings but the rest isn't really available unless you buy in large quantity as a wholesale re-builder. As for instructions, I've never seen any on the newer ones.
--
Steve W.

On Monday, February 3, 2020 at 4:28:34 AM UTC-10, Randall Shimizu wrote:

I got a new compressor with pulley and clutch for about $140.00 on eBay. At that price rebuilding, or getting a rebuilt one, was not an option.
dsi1 wrote:

I've seen just the replacement clutch bearing and seal cost that much.
--
Steve W.

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 2:51:48 PM UTC-10, Steve W. wrote:

Makes you wonder, don't it? :)